Dorset Roller Girls Headshots
We all know, I love roller derby, so when the Dorset Roller Girls asked if I could do their headshots I was there in a flash!
When having your headshot taken, there are a few important things to remember:
- Drink lots of water for a week before your shoot so your skin is gorgeous.
- Brush your teeth, spinach stuck between your teeth is not a good look.
- Put your weight on the foot furthest away from the photographer.
- Lower the shoulder nearest the photographer just a teeny bit so your neck looks longer.
- Push your chin a little bit forward, not up, not to the side, forward. It feels incredibly weird, but helps prevents a double chin as it gives definition.
- The most important tip of all: Happy Strong Thoughts. We all have that voice in our head that says the most outrageous things like “you can’t do this”, the truth is YOU CAN DO THIS because YOU ROCK! You are gorgeous, you are strong, you are unique, show the world the amazing person you are.
Once entire DRG team and Non-Skating Officials piled into the studio, the debate began; what type of headshots did people want?
A banner image worthy of the DRG Facebook page?
Strong, powerful portraits?
Maybe what the opponents will see when they are knocked to the ground?
Personally, I love a good candid shot!
Need new headshots? Visit the Commercial & Bespoke Packages page for details.