I’m Emily ‘Emmy’, I’m the one with the camera. I’ve been living in Bournemouth, Dorset, since 2014, making Bournemouth the longest I’ve held the same postcode since I was a kid. I travel the UK and happily travel abroad, capturing fun, relaxed, modern photography.
I created Lotus Photography because, not only do I love photography, but I really wanted to get people celebrating and loving their unique self (you can find out why I named it Lotus Photography by clicking here).
#ShowYourUniqueStyle has become my motto in photography and in life. No cookie-cutter photo shoots here! I work with you to create the photo shoot that makes you feel truly celebrated for being you.
“So what are you like?” I hear you ask. You know that person who never sits still? I’m even faster…most likely fueled by too much coffee.
When I’m not behind the camera I can be found roller skating, playing roller derby, practising yoga, listening to rock music (apologies to my neighbours), falling in love with vintage furniture & fashion, following modern fashion, hanging with my friends or my partner Darren, aka Mr Lotus, going to beach, searching for amazing street art, travelling and drinking coffee…a lot of coffee.
Random Facts about me:
- Although I seem to have a reputation for being that crazy-red-headed-photographer, I’m actually blonde (thank you Viovy Micro Salon for my firey locks).
- I jumped the Worthing Birdman in 2013, you can even watch it on YouTube.
- I hate celery, just…blarr!
- My emotional well being is tied up far too much in Game of Thrones (RIP Queen of Thorns).
- Although I roller skate, I am so bad at ice skating that a professional ice skater once tried to give me a free lesson and quit after 20 minutes.
- My friends laugh at the mischief and situations I find myself in, honestly, check out what happened when I went to London Fashion Week and you’ll see what I mean.
- I love independent businesses, creative artists and kickass musicians, which is why once a month I dedicate a blog (or as I call them ‘adventure’) to celebrating these amazing people, in a feature I call Talented Bournemouth.
- It goes; Michael Keaton, Lego, Awkward Yeti’s Heart, Adam West, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, George Clooney………………………………………………………. then Val Kilmer.
- I love coffee to the point that the wonderful staff at Boscanova know my order by heart (soya latte, 2 shots)!